Looking back at 2014
Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and New Year. We have had a lovely time here at home just spending time together as a family. It has been so nice and relaxing.
At the start of the New Year I think it’s nice to look back at the previous year and reflect on what we have done and to celebrate what we have achieved too. So I thought I’d share a little summary of what Jody’s Crafty Creations did for 2014
- I updated all my paper patterns to PDF files so my patterns could be instantly downloaded.
- I opened my Craftsy store and listed all my patterns on both Craftsy & Etsy
- I setup and updated my blog in WordPress and updated my logo too.
- I outsourced the digitizing of my pattern templates so now all my new patterns (and some of my existing patterns) are now digitized instead of hand drawn templates (it looks so much more professional and I’m so glad I did this!)
- I put out a call for more Pattern Testers and so now have a nice list of lovely pattern testers (Thanks everyone!) who have done a great job of editing and testing out my new patterns for me.
- I taught the Grade 6 kids at our school over about 5 weeks how to design and sew up their own softies (This is always heaps of fun teaching these classes and something I look forward to each year).
- I released 5 NEW Patterns this year! The ‘Don’t Worry Doll’, ‘Kitty Cat Heat Bag’, Kids Creations: Easy Softie Projects’ (actually 4 softie options in one pattern!), ‘Christmas Bird Decorations’ and my ‘Pocket Penny Dolls’.
One Thimble e-magazine published my pattern ‘Kids Creations: Easy Softie Projects’ in Issue 4 and also an article I wrote too!
I released 4 FREE Tutorials this year! The ‘Easter Bunny Softie’, Felt Flower Tutorial, ‘Heat Bag Tutorial’ and ‘Felt Flower Hairclip’. I am still amazed that the Easter Bunny and Heat Bag were so popular! To date the Easter Bunny free pattern has been downloaded 1522 times from my Craftsy store and the Heat Bag free pattern has also been downloaded 1669 times!
- I have setup a monthly Newsletter using MailChimp that I send out at the end of each month and have 43 subscribers. (If you would like to subscribe just enter your email address under ‘Newsletter’ in the column on the right.)
- I setup Twitter and Instagram accounts and I am slowly getting more followers on both of these.
- My facebook page Jody’s Crafty Creations started the year with only about 30 likes and now has 238 likes!
- I’ve added a few more Pinterest Boards and also one called ‘Your Creations from My Designs’ where I show what you have made using my patterns.
So now when I look at what I actually did do for my little pattern design business for 2014 I actually think I achieved quite a lot! Thankyou to everyone who has supported me and purchased my patterns this year and for all the wonderful feedback and photos I have been getting too! I love seeing what you make using one of my designs! It makes it all so worthwhile!
I’m now planning what I will be doing for 2015 which will include releasing more new designs and lots of other exciting things too!